Connacht Groundsman Education Day
Date: Friday 21st September
Time: 5.00 p.m. to 9.00 p.m.
Venue: Connacht GAA Centre.
AIMS – Develop solutions and practices to ensure groundsmen have adequate know how to have pitches maintained to the highest possible standards in accordance with best practice.
- Organise National Groundsman Education day or days.
- Organise Regional and Provincial Education days
- Develop guidelines and education programmes in relation to care and maintenance procedures such as mowing, seeding, fertilizing, weed control, aerating
- Prepare guidelines for protection of pitches during playing/training season
- Work with the relevant Educational Institutes with a view to developing an accredited course for groundskeepers.
- Regular meetings have been held
- National Groundsman Education days have been held in Abbotstown and Croke Park
- Provincial Groundsman Education days have been held in all Provinces.
- Work is ongoing with the relevant Educational Institutes with a view to developing an accredited course for groundskeepers eg (working with I.O.G. and Sports Turf Apprenticeship ) re above.
- To encourage groundsmen to improve County Grounds, a successful pitch of the year project was undertaken. It is expected that this initiative will be an annual event.
Most clubs have the services of F. A. S. schemes or other local Employment Schemes. Those employees would be welcome to attend the Groundsman Education days along with members of the clubs.
Groundsman Education days are free events. Talks are given by experts in the care and maintenance of sports grounds.
Please confirm your interest in attending by contacting the Connacht Council Office on 094 96 30335 or by E-Mail firstname.lastname@example.org