This year the Connacht GAA U15 Development programme will culminate with the Dermot Earley Academy day in the Connacht GAA Centre on Saturday, August 10th.
Throughout the last number of years this day has been evolving and has become the highlight of the year for all our County U-15 players in Connacht.
We are delighted to make this day and its programme synonymous with one of the greatest players of all time and particularly when he is one of our own.
U15 Blitz 2019
The Connacht GAA Dermot Earley Academy Blitz Day Gaelic involves a total of 8 teams representing the 5 provincial Counties. Players taking part must be under 15 years of age on the 1st of January 2019, i.e. have a date of birth between January 1st and December 31st 2004.
Saturday 10th August 2019
Galway North v Leitrim Pitch 1 10.00am
Galway Mid v Sligo Pitch 2 10.00am
Mayo Red v Galway West Pitch 3 10.00am
Mayo Green v Roscommon Pitch 4 10.00am
Galway West v Sligo Pitch 1 10.50am
Galway Mid v Mayo Green Pitch 2 10.50am
Mayo Red v Leitrim Pitch 3 10.50am
Galway North v Roscommon Pitch 4 10.50am
- Games will be played on a normal size Gaelic games pitch.
- Each team to play 2 games.
- A size 5 Gaelic football will be used in all matches
- All Games will start and finish as per scheduled time.
- An Official Team Sheet shall be handed to the Competition Coordinator at the Management meeting on the morning of the competition. The players shall wear the allocated jersey number for the duration of the competition.
- Games will be played on a 15 a side basis over 20 minutes per half with an interval of 2 minutes
- The following rule changes will be used for the competition
- a) Player that is fouled takes the free.
- b) Kickouts from the ground(20metre line)
- Substitutions: Each squad can be made up of a maximum of 24 players. Games are played on a 15-a-side basis. Rolling substitutions are in operation. There is no limit to the number of substitutions made per game provided:
– Substitutions take place during a break in play
– The referee is notified that a substitution is to be made – a substitution slip is not required.
– Players enter and leave the field between where the 65m lines intersect the sideline
11. All Mentors to remain outside the playing area.
12. Teams are asked to cooperate with Field stewards at all times.