Comhairle Chúige Chonnachta
Academy Day 2018
Date: Saturday 11th August 2018
Venue: Connacht GAA Centre
The Provincial Talent Academy blitzes are blitzes involving County Academy panels at U-14, U-15 and U-16 age groups. These blitzes are organised by the Connacht GAA Coaching & Games Committee with the Connacht GAA Ted Webb, (U-16) played off in August/September, the Connacht GAA Sean Purcell Blitz day, (U-14), played in August and September, and the Connacht GAA Dermot Earley Blitz days, (U-15), in July and August
U14 blitzes 2017
The Connacht GAA Sean Purcell Academy Blitz Day Gaelic involves a total of 12 teams representing the 5 provincial Counties. Players taking part must be under 14 years of age on the 1st of January 2018, i.e. have a date of birth between January 1st and December 31st 2004.
The venue for the tournament is the Connacht GAA Centre, Cloonacurry, Bekan, Claremorris, Co Mayo. The centre is located on the main Ballyhaunis to Knock road (R323). A map of the venue is available on the Tournament website.
General Rules 2018
- Games will be played on a normal size Gaelic games pitch.
- Each team to play 3 games.
- Games will be played on a 15 a side basis over 20 minutes per half for all games with an interval of 2 minutes
- Games will be played under the normal rules of Gaelic football with the following exceptions
- players will be limited to two plays of the ball
- Player that is fouled takes the free
- Goalkeepers can take either option on kickout, (From hand or from ground)
- A size 4 Gaelic football will be used in all matches
- All Mentors to remain outside the playing area.
- All Games will start and finish as per scheduled time.
- Teams are asked to cooperate with Field stewards at all times.
- Each squad can be made up of a maximum of 24 players. Games are played on a 15-a-side basis. Rolling substitutions are in operation. There is no limit to the number of substitutions made per game provided:
- Substitutions take place during a break in play
- The referee is notified that a substitution is to be made – a substitution slip is not required.
- Players enter and leave the field between where the 65m lines intersect the sideline