This year the Connacht GAA U15 Development programme begins with the Dermot Earley Academy day in the Connacht GAA centre on Saturday, the 18th of May.
Throughout the last number of years this day has been evolving and has become the highlight of the year for all our County U-15 players in Connacht.
We are delighted to make this day and its programme synonymous with one of the greatest players of all time and particularly when he is one of our own.
Much has been recorded about Dermot’s contribution to the game as a player and coach/manager. He had all the great qualities that one would wish to bestow on the ‘Ideal player’. His majestic exploits on the field were smoothly complemented by his ability to imbue in others an intrinsic love for the game through his inspirational leadership.
Connacht GAA Dermot Earley Academy Day 2019
The Provincial Talent Academy days are blitzes involving County Academy panels at U-14, U-15 and U-16 age groups. These blitzes are organised by the Connacht GAA Coaching & Games Committee with the Connacht GAA Ted Webb (U-16) and Connacht GAA Sean Purcell Blitz day (U-14) across the summer months.
U15 Blitz 2019
The Connacht GAA Dermot Earley Academy Blitz Days involves a total of 10 teams representing the 5 provincial Counties. Players taking part must be under 15 years of age on the 1st of January 2019, i.e. have a date of birth between January 1st and December 31st 2004.
The venue for the tournament is the Connacht GAA Centre, Cloonacurry, Bekan, Claremorris, Co Mayo. The centre is located on the main Ballyhaunis to Knock road (R323).
Venue Coordinator- Cathal Cregg
Saturday 18th May 2019
Galway North v Mayo Red Pitch 2 10am
Galway Mid v Roscommon Blue Pitch 4 10am
Roscommon Yellow v Sligo White Pitch 3 10am
Roscommon Yellow v Galway Mid Pitch 2 11am
Sligo White v Galway North Pitch 3 11am
Mayo Red v Roscommon Blue Pitch 4 11am
Galway West v Sligo Black Pitch 2 12noon
Mayo Green v Leitrim Pitch 3 12noon
Mayo Green v Galway West Pitch 2 1pm
Sligo Black v Leitrim Pitch 3 1pm
1. Games will be played on a normal size Gaelic games pitch.
2. Each team to play 2 games.
3. A size 5 Gaelic football will be used in all matches
4. All Games will start and finish as per scheduled time.
5. An Official Team Sheet shall be handed to the Competition Coordinator at the Management meeting on the morning of the competition. The players shall wear the allocated jersey number for the duration of the competition.
6. Games will be played on a 15 a side basis over 20 minutes per half with an interval of 2 minutes
7. The following rule changes will be used for the competition
a) Player that is fouled takes the free.
b) Kickouts from the ground(20metre line)
Each squad can be made up of a maximum of 24 players. Games are played on a 15-a-side basis. Rolling substitutions are in operation. There is no limit to the number of substitutions made per game provided:
– Substitutions take place during a break in play
– The referee is notified that a substitution is to be made – a substitution slip is not required.
– Players enter and leave the field between where the 65m lines intersect the sideline
9. All Mentors to remain outside the playing area.
10. Teams are asked to cooperate with Field stewards at all times.