Official Connacht GAA Website
The Coaching committee should provide a brief to each coordinator as the to what is expected to be carried out within each project, See some samples below:
|· Ensure training time and venue is confirmed.
· Responsible for ordering appropriate Nursery equipment.
· In conjunction with Coaching Officer/Coach Education Coordinator, ensure coaches are qualified, Safeguarded and Garda Vetted.
· Oversee coaches to ensure Nursery sessions are planned out, e.g. stations
· Liaise with Coaching Officer/Coach Education Coordinator to invite GDA/GPO to help develop the Nursery Coaches.
|Coach Education Coordinator|
|· October start to advertise for new coaches who will need to complete their Foundation Course.
· October start to identify current Foundation coaches who are willing to complete their Award 1.
· October start to identify current Award 1 coaches who are willing to complete their Award 2.
· In conjunction with the Coaching Committee, identify areas where coaches require support and organise with the Coaching Officer to invite GDA/GPO to assist.
· Identify coaching workshops that will help upskill club coaches.
· Plan a club coaching workshop (can be used as a fundraiser for the club).
|Skills Challenge Coordinator|
|· Decide if the club wants an internal Skills Challenge (Under 11s – Under 15s) or if they just want to concentrate on the age group that will take part in the County Competition.
· Organise a session for players and coaches to become familiar with the challenges.
· Invite GDA/GPO to demonstrate how to setup the Skills Challenges and scoring system.
· Schedule a number of Skill Challenge Events/Re-tests over the course of the Season (every 6 weeks).
· Oversee/Organise training sessions in the run up to the County Competition.
· Display the Coaching Skill Cards in dressing rooms for players and coaches to reference.
|School Link Coordinator|
|· Responsible for creating and updating a club display board in the school.
· Identify and organise club coaches who can provide regular coaching during school hours.
· Identify and organise club coaches who can oversee the Cumann na mBunscol teams.
· Ensure the school are kept up to date with any initiatives from Coaching and Games, e.g. Fundamentals Program, Coaching Blocks, Blitz Days, Skill Challenge Competition, Jersey Day.
|Cul Camp Coordinator|
|· Help the county staff with all things around the cul camp
· Facility check
· Opening and Closing facilities
· Providing extra equipment that may be required during camp
|· Ensuring every team in the club gets an adequate number of games (approx. 20)
· Help to set up links with clubs to form friendships for games long-term
· Help team managers coordinating games within club (not to clash with others)